Friday, June 10, 2016

For a break from service, try…service

If you’re anything like me, sometimes you lose that day-to-day passion for what you do. I’m not talking about that long-term passion – the kind that’s in your bones. I’m talking about the enthusiasm you feel on the drive to work, assuming you’ve got a job that you’d normally be passionate about. I’m talking about the drive to stay a bit late to finish a project, the creative juice to imagine a new solution to a problem, etc. You’re still down for the cause, you’re just not emotionally connected to it as you sometimes are.

Conventional wisdom may suggest balance – finding a sport, spending more time with friends, otherwise taking more time off. I’m not against those things, but another idea is to find balance by actually doing more of the activity, in a way. By “activity” I don’t mean spend more hours actually engaged in what you’re not feeling, but some other unrelated, though service-related project, that you may feel. The idea is to revive that feeling of passion, and hope that it carries over into your main area of concentration.

Give it a shot – then give me a shout. I’d be curious if it works for you.

from Bobby Caples Commitment to Service http://ift.tt/1PQxY6Y




from WordPress http://ift.tt/1XMIajX
from Bobby Caples

No comments:

Post a Comment