Friday, August 14, 2015

Pineapple Syrup

2015-06-16 12.38.01As I’ve probably mentioned several times now, syrups have been my focus this summer, mostly as a byproduct of being into fresh ingredients that, by default, become less fresh quickly if you don’t do something with them. Mint has become mint syrup, plums have become plum syrup, and so on.

Some have been great – my favorite so far has probably been one of my first – a jalapeno syrup I made earlier this summer. The flavor of the pepper really came through without being too hot. And, of course, the sweet/hot combo was great.

My best recent accomplishment has been pineapple syrup. I’ve been pretty happy with this not only because it’s versatile and tastes good (it does), but because of how I made it. Rather than using the best part of the pineapple, I used the spare rinds leftover after slicing, but that still had some good “meat” on them. Normally these would have been thrown away, or maybe munched on a bit, but not the core part of a recipe. So, I not only got some great pineapple, but used the leftover waste ingredients to make something even better – pineapple syrup.




from Bobby Caples Cooking http://ift.tt/1N7OQ6x




from WordPress http://ift.tt/1JhvJ9g
from Bobby Caples

No comments:

Post a Comment